Performance Tracker project update

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Thu Jan 24 02:28:45 PST 2008

Ivan Voras wrote:

> I have a suggestion to make the graphs more readable: if a long period
> was chosen by the user (e.g. > 100 days / plot points), don't plot
> points and error bars, plot a simple line through the points. Also, set
> all date strings on the X-axis to empty strings except for the dates on
> 1/10ths of the interval.

Noted. Thanks.

> Did you remove WITNESS,INVARIANTS and malloc debugging for the benchmarks?

The kernel configuration file has:
include GENERIC
PERFMON	nomakeoptions	DEBUG
PERFMON	nooptions	INVARIANTS
PERFMON	nooptions	GDB
PERFMON	nooptions	DDB
PERFMON	nooptions	KDB
PERFMON	nooptions	WITNESS
PERFMON	nooptions	WITNESS_SKIPSPIN
PERFMON	nooptions	INVARIANT_SUPPORT

I also ship the images with a GENERIC kernel in case debugging is needed.

I haven't touched malloc.conf but realize that I should. What's the
official recommendation on malloc settings?

Erik