SATA: RAID 5 controller recommendations

Peter Losher Peter_Losher at isc.org
Tue Oct 18 16:20:15 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 03:36 pm, Steven Hartland wrote:
> Anyone got any SATA RAID 5 controllers they can recommend
> 64Bit PCIX.

I personally would reccommend the HighPoint RocketRAID series (we use the
1820A here on a dual Opteron system running 5.4/amd64)   We are using the
HP-provided hpa.ko amd64 kernel module, but thanks to HighPoint and Scott
Long, -CURRENT, 6.0 and 5-STABLE now have the amd64 driver integrated
into /usr/src tree . (a previous i386 version of the driver has been there
since 5.3)

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter_Losher at isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"