promise sx4000 drivers

veedee at c7.campus.utcluj.ro veedee at c7.campus.utcluj.ro
Fri Nov 21 06:34:43 PST 2003

Hello,

After reading Sorren's message from
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-performance/2003-July/000400.html
I noticed that the sx4000 drivers were work in progress.

I was wondering if there is any beta version of them available. We would
really like to purchase the Promise SX4000 IDE RAID adapter card, but we're
not going to until it is supported in FreeBSD. We couldn't find any other
cheaper controller card with hardware RAID (and also RAID5 might prove
effective).

Also, in terms of performance does anyone knows how well Promise stacks up
with the "almighty" Adaptec? Or 3ware for that instance.

Thank you in advance.