FreeBSD data size tuning

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Fri Nov 21 06:08:51 PST 2003

TEC Meganet wrote:

>it's here
>http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/announce.html

It says:
"We encourage all our users to evaluate FreeBSD 5.1 and the upcoming
5.2. Because PAE support has only been a feature in 4.X for a few
months, it has not received wide-spread testing, and our most
conservative users may wish to stay with FreeBSD 4.8 until they choose
to migrate to 5.X."

Which is a lot different than:

 "The BSd people suggest not using 4.9in production servers."

>Peter Pentchev (roam at ringlet.net) wrote*:

>>>They do?
>>>

>>No.  Or at least, I know of no such thing, and it would be interesting
>>to learn where and who and how has anything like that been suggested :)

Eric