Spanish accents issue

Olivier Gautherot olivier at gautherot.net
Tue Mar 18 10:16:57 PDT 2008

Kris, Tomás,

On 3/17/08, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

>  I also wanted to point out, that this issue doesn't seem to be just on
>  PC-BSD. Tomás did go ahead and build the port from scratch, and it still
>  didn't work. If the older version of 2.1 worked maybe we've seen a
>  regression in OO or the port itself?

If you rebuild the port with the default options, you indeed end up with a
version that requires gcharmap (and copy/paste) to support the accents,
which is a pain.

I've rebuilt the port a number of times and found out that some of the options
allow accents support. I have not tried the options separately, so I'm not sure
which one does the trick but I suspect it is "WITH_SYSTEM_FREETYPE= yes"
or "WITH_KDE"  (see the message at the beginning of the compilation to
check the name).

I can confirm the list of options I used for the last build - as I
write in French
and Spanish, I need the accents too.

Cheers
--