OpenOffice and FreeBSD 7.0

Olivier Gautherot olivier at gautherot.net
Sat Mar 15 08:26:11 PDT 2008

Hi folks!

I upgraded recently to FreeBSD 7.0 and compiled OpenOffice.
It came happily to an end (took a while on a poor C3-based
EPIA board :-) ) and started without problem.

However, when I tried to open a 2-page doc, the app started taking
up 95% of the CPU and nothing happened in an hour. Before, on
6.2, the same doc took less than a minute to open (my machine
has a low power consumption but is not a Ferrari :-) ).

Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks in advance
Olivier

P.S. Please copy me on the answer: I just subscribed to the list
but am not sure how long it takes for the subscription to take effect.

--
Olivier Gautherot
olivier at gautherot.net
Cel:+56 98 730 9361