ports/103896: OO.o port should add <OO_DIR>/program to LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Mihnea Capraru mihnea_capraru at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 2 23:56:49 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 00:48, NAKATA Maho wrote:
> Hello, Mihnea, thanks for your report.
>
> However, I cannot figure out what is the problem here. Please explain with
> reproduceable way. For example
> we already have LD_LIBRARY_PATH in soprogram/soffice and I belive that
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is also set with SDK environment.
>
>   *)
>     # this is a temporary hack until we can live with the default search
> paths if [ $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ]; then
>       SYSTEM_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>       export SYSTEM_LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>       LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$sd_prog$add_moz_lib":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>     else
>       LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$sd_prog$add_moz_lib"
>     fi
>     export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>     ;;
> esac
> thanks,
> -- NAKATA, Maho (maho at FreeBSD.org)

Right. What I meant is that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set automatically when
running a UNO application written in Java that needs to bootstrap
OpenOffice.org. Since soffice would only be run at this point (at bootstrap),
the JVM will never even be able to find soffice
in /usr/local/openoffice-***/program, because this entry would only be added
to LD_LIBRARY_PATH by soffice itself (and this is circular).

This is why I was suggesting to update system-wide LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But if
this is considered too intrusive, then perhaps install a symlink to soffice
in /usr/local/lib (libexec?).

--
Mihnea Capraru