Openoffice 2.0 and KDE

Heino Tiedemann rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de
Sat Nov 5 05:42:21 PST 2005

Nicolas Blais <nb_root at videotron.ca> wrote:

[OOo 2 in KDE menus]
> No that isn't the solution. This option only makes OpenOffice KDE "aware" (for
> copy pasting and graphical "closeness").
>
> Your icons are stored in :
> /usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/share/xdg
>
> So you have to copy everything in that folder into
> ~/.kde/share/applnk/OpenOffice.org 2.0 (create last folder if necessary).
> Delete old openoffice folders if they exist.
>
> Almost done, yet there is a catch, you have to manually edit each file so that
> it points to the actual file name.
>
> For example, modify the following line:
> Exec=openoffice.org-2.0 -base %U

> Exec=openoffice.org-2.0.0 -base %U
>
> When all the files are done, restart KDE and you should find your icons in the
> Office menu.

Works fine! Thank you.

But - where are the images. Means the OOo Icons?

Now I have no icons at all OOo2 menu items.
At the KDE "Open With..." dialog box appers an "anonymous" icon (you
know, that one for "unknown filetype", oder "any file").

Real OOo Icon are nice eye candy for me. ;-)
Is there a solution?

Heino