OpenOffice.org 2.0 Installation Warning

Anthony M. Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:38:57 PST 2005

Hello. I am currently installing OpenOffice 2.0 on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE on
my Pentium III / 450 MHz machine. Aside from the large amount of time
this is taking (going on to almost 2 full days), I have noticed that the
same warning gets displayed in the window and I was wondering if this
was normal.

/usr/include/machine/_limits.h:95:1: warning: this is the location of
the previous definition

To build, I issued the command

make -DWITH_CUPS && make -DWITH_CUPS solver

to eventually be followed by

make -DWITH_CUPS solver install

Any insight? I recall building OOo from scratch on this same computer
when it was running Gentoo in, probably, the 1.1.2 days. If memory
serves, it only took slightly longer than a day. Is this long build time
common? I should mention that this is being built on a separate disk
from the rest of the system and tools; could this be slowing things
down? Thank you for your assistance.