Open Office 1.1RC4

Psyche101 andy at richardflanagan.com.au
Mon Sep 29 16:05:42 PDT 2003

Hi Everyone

Humbly resubmitting a request.
I have installed the Open Office 1.1RC4 with some help from Martin, the
problem is that I have no open office now. It dies at the splash screen.
I renamed the home dir, created the soffice file but the scroll bar at
the bottom of the splash screen makes it about halfway, and then I get
the error

Open office cannot be started due to an error in accessing the
OpenOffice.org configuration data.

Please contact your system administrator

The following internal error has occurred: Get Storage Name
'file//usr/home/andy/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/user/config/soffice.cfg'an
error occurred during file opening

I just created a blank file, (the soffice.cfg) should I have put
something in there ?

Just a reminder, I am using FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE on a P2 with 128MB RAM,
can't shove any more RAM in this box, funds are inadequate at the
moment.

Thanks
Andrew Kozak

--
I went upstairs and had a smoke, somebody spoke and I went into a
dream.......