[Fwd: Re: Port version RC5 remarks]

Carlos F. A. Paniago pan at panix.ecof.org.br
Sun Sep 28 07:12:27 PDT 2003

 Hi,

> I am following for  months Your port version, Your makefile.
> I don't known why You put Your file public, but each time
> there are compilation errors.  Why do You put it in the CVS
> anyway ?

I'm able to compile OO-devel as OO1.03 successfully here.

> a) the <src>/external/gpc directory doesn't exist and You copy
> files into it.
>
> b) Consider an option with --enable-libart instead of the old
>    gpc stuff

Patches ?

> c) Enable an option to disable java !

Patches ? That's not very simple to do, since java is heavily
used in the build process. But if you think it's easy for you ...
go for it.

Martin

I'm Abble to compile OpenOffice and Openoffice-devel in FreeBSD 5.1 and
freeBSD-STABLE (4.9PRERELEASE) too. Thats the reason it is in the ports.
OpenOffice have a very unusual way to compile. You have to sey this to
Openoffice.org, What we dit: try to use the normal ports in the top of
the OO stuff. As Martin says, if you don like it, please send a patche.

Paniago

--
Nome:  Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago
Email: pan at panix.ecof.org.br		e	pan at cnpm.embrapa.br