Setting up: FreeBSD 5.1

Al yourebreakfast at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 07:11:18 PDT 2003

Hello everyone. I am running FreeBSD 5.1 and am trying
to get OOo 1.0.3 to install. "./install" seems to
complete fine, although none of the options work. For
instance, running "./install --prefix=/opt" doesn't
install anything to "/opt."

If, however, I try to run "./install --interactive" or
"./setup," the popup with the gauge appears.
Unfortunately, after it goes past half, it disappears,
and that's that. I have tried to run install as root
and setup as a user, I've tried both as root, I've
tried to install from various directories.

I am a beginner in FreeBSD, and if my problem is
related to my general ignorance of how the OS works, I
apologize in advance. I have installed OOo previously
on FreeBSD 4.7, and it seemed to work fine.

I would appreciate it if someone could at least give
me an idea of why this might be happening. Thanks you!