LibreOffice issues on i386

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Sun Feb 24 11:44:10 UTC 2013

First the good news: After applying the base r246858 to ports
clang/llvm, LibreOffice will now run on 8-STABLE/i386 - if it
builds.

Unfortunately, there are still some build problems which look like
parallel build issues: I can run "make" and it'll fail at some
arbitrary point but if I clean everything up and run "make" again, it
may complete without errors.  I don't believe this is hardware because
this system has plenty of disk and ECC RAM and I've only ever seen the
problem whilst building LibreOffice (admittedly in a jail within an
amd64 host).  Has anyone else seen this?

There are also various droppings left behind in /tmp: ooopackaging,
LibreOffice and lobuild.  Ideally, the port should clean these up.

--
Peter Jeremy