Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Sun Aug 12 23:03:11 UTC 2012

On 2012-Jul-26 22:02:05 -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote:
>I am not getting many responses to the programs I submitted.  I
>understand that you may be all very busy.

I've been writing a test harness to vet the special case handling of
all the complex functions (excluding cpow so far).  Basically, it's
just Appendix G.6 of WG14/N1256 turned into a C array, plus code to
actually run the tests & interpret the results.  So far, it's about
1100 lines of which about 1/3 is the test cases and is intended to run
on x86/armle/sparc and FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris (I'm using Solaris and,
to a lesser extent, Linux as a cross-check on my interpretation of the
text).  Once I'm happy with it, I'll circulate it.  I was initially
hoping to make it commitable but 8-char tabs and 80-char lines would
require lots of line wrapping that would make it harder for me to
follow.

>If I used the incorrect category (I used bin), please tell me or change
>it for me.

bin looks correct.

--
Peter Jeremy