Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sun Aug 12 23:02:26 UTC 2012

I am committing the software - as is - to you guys.

I feel that I worked extremely hard to get an error less than about 3.8
ULP (from 10,000,000 test cases) for the complex arc-trig and
arc-hyperbolic functions.  My skill is writing numerical software that
works, with an awareness of where various numerical issues might arise.
  I am very proud of the work I have done in the last few days.

Now this software requires a different skill set, getting it to conform
to various styles, looking for smart efficiencies to overcome defects in
the compiler, and checking that NaN's work properly.  This is a skill
set which you guys have in far greater amounts than I have.  And it is
something that doesn't engage my interest.

If you find problems, like unwanted overflows/underflows or numerical
errors occurring in edge cases, then by all means get back to me, and I
will attempt to fix it.

Thus far, the only fault I have found so far is in catanh, where I
forgot to set the "inexact flag" when computing "hp" and "hm" when |y|
is very small.

I will still continue working hard on getting the numerics in clog to
work correctly.

Stephen