Audigy 2/FreeBSD 4.9

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Thu Jan 29 14:55:11 PST 2004

On January 29, 2004 02:44 pm, Dave wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:05:06 +1000, you wrote:
> I had a hell of a time trying to get the onboard sound working on an
> Intel Chipset MB  (Intel 82845G)

A nice, simple way to get sound working on FreeBSD:
	kldload snd_driver
This will load all of the sound driver modules at once.
	cat /dev/sndstat
This will tell you which driver(s) the kernel picked for your hardware.

Then, you either add the appropriate lines to /boot/loader.conf to
auto-load those modules at boot time, or you add the appropriate
devices to your kernel config file and recompile the kernel.

Simple as that.

One of these days, I'm going to get around to writing a patch for the
Handbook that lays it out a little simpler, like the above.

--
Freddie Cash		District HelpDesk / Network Admin
				http://www.sd73.bc.ca