BSD Unix vs. Linux

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Sun Jan 11 11:19:29 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004, Mazen S. Alzogbi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a question that is bothering my brains. Why do people need Linux
>while there are great stable UNIX based systems as FreeBSD out there?

Desktop applications.

We're using SuSE's current Professional distribution and Apples OS X for
most of our desktops, and a mix of FreeBSD and Linux for servers with most
of the new servers being FreeBSD.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``There is nothing as stupid as an educated man if you get him off the
thing he was educated in.''
    Will Rogers