Ximian's Evolution-like mail client

Andrew Kozak akozak at richardflanagan.com.au
Thu Jan 8 17:26:08 PST 2004

-------Original Message-------

From: Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P.
Date: 09/01/2004 04:36:06 AM
To: Mazen S. Alzogbi
Cc: freebsd-newbies at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Ximian's Evolution-like mail client

Mazen S. Alzogbi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What's the best mail client available for FreeBSD like Evolution or even
>Microsoft Outlook for Windows?

Mozilla.

 Hiya

Having used both, I would say that evolution and mozilla offer similar
features, as I am using an old machine (P2 128M RAM) I have noticed a
performance difference between the two, I found evolution to be a little
quicker, and easier to install. However, mozilla offers some nice features
as well, but I have only installed it with the browser, and the java issues
are a bt of a pain, Suns java download site seems to be unavailable nearly
every time I wish to fetch something. They are the closest clients to
Outlook that I have found in the ports collection. If you like a M$
environment, try a look at qv window manager, I thought it was most amusing
:) Looks just like 95.

Andy