GRE/gif/netgraph tunnel speed on 10Gbit channel

Vitalij Satanivskij satan at ukr.net
Wed May 30 08:43:18 UTC 2018

Most likely threading only part of problem with iperf3.

As I say before - I'm check iperf3 in paralel by running multiple instanse on diferent's ports
Speed is always same.

But maybe 2-3 instance to few for noticible result's.

For me most confusion was speed aroud 10Gbit on pure link showed by both iperf and iperf3 ...

Any way. With enabled pf (set skip on gre0 in config) in kernel I get around 3gbit's and around 4.4gbit's without.

Also I'm tested diferent mtu on interface (eg 9000 and so on) no speed improvement at all

Now question is - is it highgest speed of tunnel that we can expect from GRE or there is some tuning capabilitis for speed up it?