Problem with igb NIC on fresh 11 Install

Matt Joras mjoras at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 1 00:50:02 UTC 2017

On 09/30/2017 11:36, Lee Brown wrote:
> It looks like the driver is not passing packets from the VLAN layer to the
> NIC.  Switch counters verify this and netstat seems to indicate the same.
> root at rtr-net-r1: - # ifconfig igb0
> igb0: flags=8c02<EIRORDCRST,ORCTIVE,SIMPLEX,MULTICRST> metric 0 mtu 1500

igb0 looks to be OACTIVE, (though I'm not sure why all your A's are
swapped with R's). When it's OACTIVE it will drop packets and generally
behave as if the link is down. Does igb0 stay in OACTIVE indefinitely,
or does it go back to a normal state at any point?

Matt