interface down, console output: igb3: TX(7) desc avail = 41, pidx = 308

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Mon Mar 27 07:35:59 UTC 2017

Try turning TSO off.. i.e. ifconfig igb3 -tso or sysctl net.inet.tcp.tso=0

The transition to iflib has exposed much jankiness in the Intel "shared
code" of the e1000 drivers.  In particular, the locking contracts may not
align with FreeBSD locking primitives.  I have boxes running the legacy
driver that are clearly reliant on the watchdog reset for steady state
which is unacceptable.  We are actively looking into this at LLNW, but
additional reports and help are appreciated.

Regards,