Multipath TCP for FreeBSD v0.5

Nils Beyer nbe at renzel.net
Wed Sep 16 10:53:20 UTC 2015

Hi Nigel,

Nigel Williams wrote:
> A new mptcp v0.5 patch is available at
> http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/newtcp/mptcp/tools.html.

thanks for the new patch. I've tried your provided VirtualBox VM "FB11-test1".

Unfortunately, standard TCP-connections aren't working. For instance, after I
execute:

	fetch -o - 'http://www.google.com'

I get an incomplete transfer that times out after a while. Sometimes I get
a kernel panic (s. attached screenshot).

Then I tried the patch on real hardware (built my own kernel as described).
Same behaviour.

Is it intended that the current implementation is not backwards compatible
to non-MPTCP-connections? If you need any more details, feel free to contact
me...

Regards,
Nils