Multipath TCP for FreeBSD v0.5

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 1 18:37:33 UTC 2015

01.09.2015, 09:50, "Nigel Williams" <njwilliams at swin.edu.au>:
> Hi,
>
> A new mptcp v0.5 patch is available at
> http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/newtcp/mptcp/tools.html. This release
> represents a near-complete rewrite of the v0.4 implementation and as
> such there have been a large number of changes (see [1] and [2]). The
> patch applies against r285254 of HEAD.
Hi Nigel,

If not early enough, I'd like to discuss mptcp<>routing interaction.
It is stated in the readme that "In future releases, routing will involve using multiple FIBs and and
  route management within the MP connection".
My question is - how route management is planned to work:
e.g. if we have fibs 1 and 2 w/ default route, what will instruct connection to use given fibs?
application? kernel itself?

if we have multiple default routes in fib 0 (and we're using single fib), what will make connection utilize both routes?
what kind of kernel interfaces might be needed for that case?
e.g. my current understanding is that you need
- the ability to get number of nexthops (routes) to particular destination at the session setup
- the ability to select particular nexthop in ip[6]_output routines
- the ability to track nexthop changes for particular destination (route addition/removals)

What's you vision on this?