FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE + bge0 == watchdog timeout

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Mon Mar 18 04:45:31 UTC 2013

Hi.

On 14.03.2013 13:29, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:

> I thought you were using stable/8 but it seems you have slightly
> older stable/8. The bge(4) code difference between CURRENT and
> stable9/stable8 is very minor.
Nah, I really am running recent 8/stable. My mistake was to try to apply
the whole code of the if_bge.c to 8/stable.

> I've attached diff against stable/8 which will address ASF/IPMI
> issue but I'm not sure whether it helps watchdog timeout or not.
> I have plan to MFC the change but I need time for settlement before
> the MFC.
Thanks a lot. Now the 'watchdog timeout' behaviour stopped, the driver
reports nothing on the console, but the freezes, unfortunately - didn't
stop. The machine is freezing at random periods of time, usually 1-2
days, it partially stops answering to network (network services running
on this machine close the connection, and other weird stuff happens), it
partially responds on the console (I can type but I cannot login) and so
on.  The asf feature has no influence on this - I tried to enable it,
this happens anyway.

Should I try upgrade to 9 or 10, do they have more improvements in bge(4) ?

Eugene.