FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE + bge0 == watchdog timeout

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Wed Mar 6 05:48:17 UTC 2013

Hi.

On 28.02.2013 11:35, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:
> The reporter said the machine was Sun Fire X2200 M2 so I guess you
> may see the same issue on both stable/9 and stable/8. Ideally the
> loader tunable hw.bge.allow_asf should not be there and driver
> should take care of it by checking the existence of ASF/IPMI
> firmware.

Unfortunately, I just had the 'bge0 - watchdog timeout - resetting' on a
recent 8.3-STABLE and a 'Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit (94309)'
(according to the pciconf -lv) controller. I haven't seen this in a year
or two (I guess), the machine was running 8.2-STABLE. So, in order to
fight this (machine is freezing during these messages) whet should I do
? Is upgrading to 10.0-CURRENT an option ? hw.bge.allow_asf is 0 already.

Thanks.
Eugene.