misc/179033: [dc] dc ethernet driver seems to have issues with some multiport card and mother board combinations

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 24 21:38:58 UTC 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 3:13:11 pm Mr. Clif wrote:
> Hi John and Pyun,
>
> Ok got the new kernel installed and tested. Yes it works! :-) Maybe that
> will also fix a simular problem with the sun cards (cas[03]), except I
> don't see a define like that in if_cas.c. Suggestions?

So I have a possible "real" fix for this.  However, I do not have any hardware
I can find that has a PCI-PCI bridge with the ISA-enable bit set.  I know it
compiles and boots fine on other systems.  Can you please try this and capture
the dmesg output?  It would also be good to capture devinfo -u output before
and after.

http://www.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/pci_isa_enable.patch

--
John Baldwin