Atheros AR9002U-2NG based TP-LINK TL-WN822N Ver:2.0 - adding support to FreeBSD

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 18 17:06:42 UTC 2013

It's not uath. It's a different beast entirely.

Basically, it requires someone with USB clue to write the USB glue
between the ath(4) and ath_hal(4) code and the USB interface.

Look at what ath9k_htc implements. It uses most of ath9k, but it
implements a data/control pipe over USB and some commands to tell the
firmware to do things (like new/delete client, etc.)

-adrian