Intel 4-port ethernet adaptor link aggregation issue

Joe Moog joemoog at ebureau.com
Wed Aug 28 13:45:28 UTC 2013

All:

Thanks again to everybody for the responses and suggestions to our 4-port lagg issue. The solution (for those that may find the information of some value) was to set the value for kern.ipc.nmbclusters to a higher value than we had initially. Our previous tuning had this value set at 25600, but following a recommendation from the good folks at iXSystems we bumped this to a value closer to 2000000, and the 4-port lagg is functioning as expected now.

Thank you all.

Joe