SNMP Network Auto Discovery software ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon May 2 13:21:57 UTC 2011

Nailed it, thank you ... I've used this one in the past, and it was
fantastic then .. .couldn't recall the name, and when I did a 'grep -i
snmp' in the descr files under net-mgmt, wasn't finding that one :(

Thx ...

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Gary Palmer wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 03:55:11PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Would like to find something that runs on FreeBSD that I can use to map
>> our network, preferrably dumping to a database, and grabbing
>> information like: interface / ip / cpus / hostname, etc ...
>>
>> Server needs to run on FreeBSD ... needs to be able to commuicate, via
>> SNMP, with Windows, Cisco, Linux, FreeBSD, NetApp Filers, etc ...
>>
>> Would like it to be able to generate an overall map of our network, but,
>> also, be able to use it as a basis for keeping stuff liek nagios / cacti
>> up to date ...
>>
>> Web based interface into the database would be nice ...
>>
>> Is there anything like this available that runs on FreeBSD that ppl are
>> happily using?
>

> net-mgmt/scotty3 in ports used to have a network discovery mode. Haven't
> used it in years but it may be worth a look.
>
> Gary

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy at hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy at hub.org