FreeBSD 8.2 and MPD5 stability issues

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Jun 28 20:44:58 UTC 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 8:27 PM, Christian Kratzer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Pawel Tyll wrote:
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>>> Good news !
>>> Last night I remove FLOWTABLE option and since then the server is stable.
>>> No crash what so ever an I was able to increase the number of tunnels.
>> Yeah, FLOWTABLE still needs work, good news on the stability. Could
>> you perhaps drop us all a note in two weeks if things keep stable?
>
> from all I have seen all the work FLOWTABLE needs is finally being
> dropped from the tree.  Its a constant cause of trouble and from what
> I recall not even ipv6 capable.

Well, I'd like to point you at

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=219775
and as an example at:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/net/route.c?r1=223334&r2=223333&pathrev=223334

That said, for some workloads it may be a fairly reasonable option.

/bz

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.