Ethernet link status on i82576

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:05:15 UTC 2011

Ya, well that has some odd side effects also, for instance, the phy will in
fact
bring link up just via hardware initialization, so the link light will be on
if you
look at the port on the card, its this fact that is discovered when the
driver
attach routine is run, but as I said, no interrupts so no changes once that
first detection happens. If I were just to say its down until init happens
someone
would inevitably complain about the disagreement between those :)

On the 10G adapters the physical link also does not come up until init runs
so they are a bit more consistent.

Jack