ECMP support in FreeBSD 7.2 and 8.0 +

Li, Qing qing.li at bluecoat.com
Thu Jan 28 18:29:53 UTC 2010

ECMP support is only available in FreeBSD 8.0.

I have not received any request to merge that feature back
into 7.x branch.

In FreeBSD 8.0, currently there is no association between interface
link state and the route availability RTF_UP flag, so ECMP cannot
be used as a failover mechanism effectively.

I have a working patch to address that deficiency and will commit
the patch once I find more time to do additional unit testing on it.

--Qing