uath under FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE

Steven Friedrich freebsd at insightbb.com
Wed Jan 6 17:44:50 UTC 2010

On Monday 04 January 2010 05:31:18 pm Weongyo Jeong wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 03:57:56PM -0500, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> > On Monday 04 January 2010 03:34:41 pm Weongyo Jeong wrote:
> > > Could you please test with attached patch?  Today the device I ordered
> > > is delivered and I tried to test with it.  One thing, it looks weird,
> > > I noticed is that after uploading the firmware, idProduct is increased
> > > not decreased.
> > >
> > > After patching, you should rebuild the module.
> >
> > I didn't get an attachment...
>
> Attached.
>
> regards,
> Weongyo Jeong

I had to place:
# Firmware download for Netgear WG111T USB ethernet.
attach 100 {
	match "vendor"	"0x1385";
	match "product"	"0x4251";
	action "/usr/sbin/uathload -d /dev/$device-name";
};

in /etc/devd.conf, but I later moved it to /usr/local/etc/devd/WG111T.conf

Then it appeared in the ifconfig as uath0.

But I get errors later when I run wpa_supplicant -B -i wlan0 -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Those errors are:
uath0: timeout waiting for reply to cmd 0x8 (8)
uath0: could not start target, error 35

Your patch DOES work, AFAIK.