igb interrupt moderation

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Sun Jan 3 16:23:09 UTC 2010

At 11:13 AM 1/3/2010, Michael Tüxen wrote:

> > Just a separate datapoint about this driver, unless I apply
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/igb/igb.buf.patch6
> >
> > the driver is not really usable for me in
> RELENG_8 on the dual port version of the card
>Could you elaborate on what you mean by "not really usable"?

Hi,
         Some link state issues (getting confused
about what port is up), problems at high packet
rates.  I dont have this card in production, but
in my test environment it was much more stable on
RELENG_8 with the above patch in that I was not
able to wedge the box.  pps rates were pretty ok on a low end i7 as well.

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike