Problem with re0

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 21:26:25 UTC 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Gabor Radnai wrote:
> Realtek 8111 is not supported - that's the final conclusion? If so can this be made clear in re driver manual?

At least some people have reported the Realtek 8111 working for them.

This said, Realtek's older 10/100 NICs were infamous for being slow, buggy hardware that I'd choose to discard rather than install into a machine, and their gigabit NICs aren't much better.  Get a Intel em or Broadcom bce/bge NIC instead.

Regards,
--
-Chuck