Problem with re0

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 21:30:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 09:56:42PM +0100, Gabor Radnai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone pls advise how to inject HEAD driver to stable release without
> full kernel rebuild (if possible)?

If you have updated to stable/8, the driver code would be the same.
So need to replace driver with HEAD version.

> I tried this way but found no assurance/evidence actually kernel using the
> new driver:
> 1. download full HEAD source with help of csup
> 2. in /usr/src/sys/modules/re did make install which in turn compiled re
> driver and installed into default /boot/kernel
> 3. reboot
>
> So far so good but still re0 driver cannot properly handle rtl8111 chip
> seeing the very same symptoms as in case of
> the driver shipped with RELEASE.

If my memory is correct, your controller is somewhat old 8168 PCIe
controller. I also have the same TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe network card
which seems to be the only stand-alone PCIe 8168 controller in
market. I don't see any problems using the controller so would you
summarize your issue again?(Sorry, if you already post it)