8.1-RELEASE em watchdog timeout broken?

fbsdmail at dnswatch.com fbsdmail at dnswatch.com
Mon Aug 9 23:35:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, August 3, 2010 10:29 pm, Scott Johnson wrote:
>> "whenever my desktop PC"
>>

>> Now this is where u FAIL. Use dubuntu or windows7 on desktop not FBSD
>> and don't try again.
>>
>> Jax
>>

> Perhaps I wasn't clear. The desktop PC (which runs WinXP) is connected
> directly to the em0 port on my FreeBSD server. No Ethernet switch
> in-between.
>
> I connect it directly to the server so that I don't need a gigabit
> switch. The second Ethernet port on the FreeBSD box (em1) is connected to
> the 100Mb switch, and the two interfaces are bridged using if_bridge.
>
> Perhaps you could try not to be so rude with your unhelpful responses in
> the future.
Greetings Scott,
 For the record; it is usually considered impolite not to introduce
yourself before posing a question on the list.
Mic Jagger does it thusly:
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and fame...

Here on the list we generally do it thusly:
Hello list,
 my name is
# uname -a
# FreeBSD udns 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #0: Thu Jun 24
05:31:05 PDT 2010 root at udns:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XIII amd64

I am experiencing a problem with...

--Chris

Please see: UNAME(1) for more information. :)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=uname

HTH