Host only TCP/IP implementation based on FreeBSD

Vineet Dixit vineetd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 22:23:31 UTC 2010

Hi -

My apologies in advance in case my question in not appropriate for this list.

I am evaluating TCP/IP stack implementation  for a device which
requires only the end-device network features. I am keen on FreeBSD's
TCP/IP implementation due to it's long history of development, use on
wide range of devices and code maturity. However my requirements are
limited to only transport protocols, IPv4 and IPv6, ARP, DHCP client
and so on. I don't need advanced routing and forwarding, multicast,
IPSec, QoS which are part of the distribution. FreeBSD's SMP support
and fine-grained locking are certainly a bonus but isn't part of MUST
have features.

Is there an implementation that is a trimmed down TCP/IP stack based
on BSD which I could port to another RTOS? Looking for either
commercial or open source implementation.

Thanks.

-- Vineet