intel 82576 ipsec offload?

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 17:46:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 01:24:20PM +0800, Siquijor Philips wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a dual-port Intel Gigabit NIC with 82576 (ET) chipset
> http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/prodbrief/320116.pdf. It has a feature
> on IPsec offloading but it only mentioned Microsoft Windows 2008 and
> Vista servers. I wonder if FreeBSD have also support on this feature?

AFAIK it's not yet, not sure whether Jack has plan to implement the
offloading. I know old Intel i82550 also supported IPSec offloading
but Intel didn't release required information to implement it. 3Com
also supported IPSec offloading in their 3XP hardwares(txp(4)) but
the offloading was not implemented.