IPSEC: ipsec4_common_input_cb: queue full; proto 50 packet dropped

Gabe nrml at att.net
Sat Dec 19 08:46:52 UTC 2009

Anyone know what causes this? It only happens on one side of the tunnel/gateway and its intermittent. I was also trying to scp a big file (~240MB) from the actual tunnel/gateway that displays this error and it ended with:

testfile.wmv                                                   100%  249MB   2.0MB/s   02:07
./testfile.wmv: Input/output error

though that could be due to restrictions on the actual switch, I don't know yet.

Any clues?

-gabe