ICMP Error transmission/response over IPSec tunnels

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue May 27 20:40:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008, Tom Judge wrote:

Hi,

> Today I looked into why I can not get a traceroute across a IPSec IPIP tunnel

I guess not an IPIP tunnel but just IPsec tunnel mode?

> Any information about this would be appreciated as I would like to be able to
> do traceroutes across my wan.

The problem has been well known and is on my todo list. I haven't
checked the relevant code lately but if I remember the problem is not
to be fixed trivially in first place.

You should get a reply back from your Node B though, just not from Router B.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.