network keep droping

Izwan Mohd zuan at mylinux.net.my
Wed Jun 4 19:02:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have being encountering a weird problem on my freebsd 6 , one of my remote
machine being down frequently lately for no particular reason, when I go to
the remote site to check then machine it was in good running condition but
no network, it even can't ping the server on the same subnet, the only way
to restore it back is by running:

route -n flush && /etc/netstart

but because it a remote machine it really troublesome to do that each time
the machine is down, I resorted to use a crontab scripts to automatically
run the previous command when it down, even tho that partial of the problem
is solve I still need to know what causing it. can anyone could advise me
where to start digging?? they is no any particular error in the log or dmseg
when the machine dropped it connection so I'm stuck here don't know where to
start, some help should clear something up for me

TQ