Multilink PPP Download Speeds With Round-Robin Packets

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:26:47 PST 2008

I figured out the real source of the problem. Turns out Bell went and
screwed up the lantern test mappings on my connections, and dropped
the profile on one of them to 3 megabits (which I didn't know because
the lantern was mis-mapped). So I've spent the last several weeks
racking my brains trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Due
to happenstance, I have another DSL connection (yes, a third one) that
syncs at 8 megabits down that still has sync (The account's been
canceled, but Bell can't even cancel an account right. I have three
cancellation numbers!). So I plugged my router into the DSL modem that
has a 6 meg profile (even though the lantern says it's out of service)
and into the supposed to be canceled line, and now here's the result:
http://www.dslreports.com/im/44226057/2364.png

I really appreciate all the help though, and I'm still going to test
out the new mpd code. It might end up waiting until I get my DSL lines
and profiles straightened out though, which I hope to have finished
this week.

Cheers
Mike

Oh, and if your curious why I'm talking about Bell rather than
TekSavvy, it's because I had Bell install the lines directly, and
TekSavvy is just selling me a login. I don't know if this is common
practice elsewhere in the world, but in Canada the old monopoly
telco's were forced to resell their service wholesale to other
providers, which means all DSL service in Ontario and Quebec connect
through a Bell 'cloud', and your login determines which ISP your
connection terminates at. This has lots of advantages, like having two
logins for redundancy :)