Multilink PPP Download Speeds With Round-Robin Packets

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 19 16:53:31 PST 2008

Michael MacLeod wrote:
>> After peer rejected multilink once, mpd is not trying to negotiate it
>> any more. I am not sure it is a correct behaviour, but Cisco manuals
>> recommend to configure LAC in a way that avoids rejections.
>>
>> User-land ppp seems to have specific workaround for this case while mpd
>> does not. I don't very like this idea, but probably I could add this if
>> you like to test it.
>
> If that's what it takes, I'm happy to test it. Also, the engineers at
> my ISP are remarkably approachable, and if you tell me what to ask
> them I can probably get you a decent answer pretty quick.

After rereading RFC I have found that your provider operation possibly
not perfect but it is correct. It is possible to hint peer to use
multilink after rejecting by sending NAK.
I have made some changes to handle that in mpd5 CVS and merged them into
mpd4 branch. You can get new mpd version to test from mpd CVS
repository: https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=14145

--
Alexander Motin