Surf outside Internet through VPN

Noah Silverman noah at webclipping.com
Fri Dec 19 03:46:12 PST 2008

Hello,

I want to find a way to pass ALL traffic from my laptop THROUGH my
office VPN and then out to the Internet.  This is a "road warrior"
setup. This gives me a few benefits:  1) I can check my email securely
through VPN.  2) No matter where I am, I will always have the external
IP of my VPN server when accessing the web.

I have setup a VPN.  Was able to get it working with either tun or tap
interfaces.  That part seems OK.

Now what??  (I can see and connect to the VPN server with '10.0.8.1'
easily.  I can't see or connect to the outside world.)  Do I need to
add some kind of special route in the routing table?

Would this be better as a tun or using a bridge through tap?

Thanks,

-N