wpi driver.

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at sun-fish.com
Fri Apr 20 13:55:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. But ...

Orum wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> I've gotten it to work on 6.2, but you need to get the patched version
> (specifically made for 6.2) from this location:
> http://www.bsdmon.com/download/20070121-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz
This does NOT compile on FreeBSD 6.2-stable from 12 Mar 2007.
The error is the same.

> You will also need to install the wpi-firmware port (not in the ports
> tree yet) from a later official release.  I'm sorry to say I don't
> remember the link for the tar archive that included the port.
>
> Also note that it's still a very touchy driver, and might need to be
> unloaded/reloaded to get up and running (at least, that seems to fix
> it on my T60).  In addition WPA/WPA2 do not work with it (don't know
> about WEP as I've never tried).
Not very useful without WPA(2) as I do not want to share my network .. :)

I'm more interested is there something new about the driver with the new
firmware, because it was mentioned in
last quarter report, and few other places on the net, but there is
nothing new "released".

> Thanks,
> Ian
>
> On 4/19/07, Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev at sun-fish.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Are there any news about wpi driver ?
>> Something that can be compiled on freebsd 6.2 stable ?
>> I tried the latest drivers from
>> http://www.clearchain.com/~benjsc/download, but no success :(
>>
>> I tried and from perforce but I've got this error:
>>
>> # make
>> Warning: Object directory not changed from original
>> /root/wpi/sys/modules/wpi
>> @ -> /usr/src/sys
>> machine -> /usr/src/sys/amd64/include
>> :> opt_bdg.h
>> awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/kern/device_if.m -h
>> awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/kern/bus_if.m -h
>> awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/dev/pci/pci_if.m -h
>> cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -g -DWITNESS -DINVARIANT_SUPPORT
>> -DINVARIANTS -Werror -D_KERNEL -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I-
>> -I/root/wpi/sys/modules/wpi/../../ -I. -I@ -I@/contrib/altq
>> -I@/../include -I/usr/include -finline-limit=8000 -fno-common
>> -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mcmodel=kernel -mno-red-zone  -mfpmath=387
>> -mno-sse -mno-sse2 -mno-mmx -mno-3dnow  -msoft-float
>> -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -ffreestanding -Wall -Wredundant-decls
>> -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes
>> -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -std=c99 -c
>> /root/wpi/sys/modules/wpi/../../dev/wpi/if_wpi.c
>> /root/wpi/sys/modules/wpi/../../dev/wpi/if_wpi.c: In function
>> `wpi_firmware_get':
>> /root/wpi/sys/modules/wpi/../../dev/wpi/if_wpi.c:294: warning:
>> assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /root/wpi/sys/modules/wpi.
>>
>> --
>> Best Wishes,