LACP 802.3ad and ng_fec ?

Bart Van Kerckhove bart at it-ss.be
Fri Sep 22 11:47:25 PDT 2006

Özkan KIRIK <ozkan at mersin.edu.tr> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> It seems that HP ProCurve 5400 series doesn't support fec trunking :
>
> hp(config)# trunk A3-a5 trk1 fec
> Invalid input: fec
>
> hp(config)# trunk A3-a5 trk1 ?
>  trunk                 Do not use any protocol to create or maintain
> the trunk.
>  lacp                  Use IEEE 802.1ad Link Aggregation protocol.
>  <cr>
> hp(config)#
>
> Can ng_fec handshake with switch via "trunk" option instead of "fec" ?
According to HP docs, FEC should "work" with the 'trunk' setting.
It will loose all features tough, and just become a 'dumb' bonding-style
thing, with no redundancy and other features.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Bart Van Kerckhove
bart at it-ss.be
http://www.it-ss.be - "Solid Solutions for your IT needs"
"There are 10 kinds of ppl; those who read binary and those who don't"