ping -f panic [Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8056 FreeBsd Drivers]

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Sat Nov 25 18:31:33 PST 2006

Hello Nicolae,

On Saturday 25 November 2006 23:20, Nicolae Namolovan wrote:
> But I need to use it on a production server and the CURRENT one is too
> unstable, without too much thinking I just run ping -f 127.0.0.1 and
> after some minutes I got kernel panic, heh.

could you please be more specific about this?  My rather recent current
box is running for over 45min doing "ping -f 127.0.0.1" with no panic or
other ill behavior so far.  After about 10min I disabled the icmp
limiting which obviously didn't trigger it either.  Could you provide a
back trace or at least a panic message?  Thanks.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org