bge and "no carrier" on IBM Blade 8843L1U

Jonathan Feally vulture at netvulture.com
Sat May 6 02:14:48 UTC 2006

Why whould you want to use that kernel option? I don't see that it is a
requirement on the blade how-to. My guess is you haven't specifically
set the interface to a media speed and duplex as the option indicates to
me that the driver would not attempt auto negotiation. If the option is
not required - lose it - otherwise try adding a media option to your
ifconfig.

-Jon