Intel 3945ABG with NDIS

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Sun Mar 26 14:30:14 UTC 2006

Wesley Morgan <morganw at chemikals.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Fabian Keil wrote:
>
> > Wesley Morgan <morganw at chemikals.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Has anyone been successful with one of these cards and the
> >> ndisulator? I can get the wrapper to attach the device, but it
> >> won't accept an SSID being assigned via ifconfig (or anything else
> >> for that matter), and wpa_supplicant also fails.
> >
> > Try to set the ssid together with the bssid.
>
> The interface will take the bssid but still has no effect on the ssid.

Has ndis0 been touched with ifconfig before?

After (re)booting I can use

ifconfig ndis0 ssid $SSID bssid $BSSID up

at least once to set the ssid, but sometimes changing the ssid later has
no effect and reloading all the modules doesn't make a difference
either.

OTOH I have a PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection and maybe it's an
entirely different problem.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/